Hi Dolls! Recently I received a newsletter from IFabbo filled with great announcements for the month of november.
One that stood out to me the most was about donating beauty products & clothing to those whom are less fortunate. I thought this was an awesome announcement & decided to share with you beauties!
This season is for giving, so why not help put a smile on someone’s face? In the newsletter they also include some of the things that one should take into consideration when donating beauty and/or clothing items, so I also decided to share their list with you:
- Do not donate used beauty products that have come in direct contact with the body and then placed back in the tube (i.e., mascara, lipgloss).
- Partial products are acceptable (i.e., that shampoo/conditioner you tried that wasn’t right for your hair)
- Nail polish is safe to donate
- Sanitize press powders and shadows with alcohol prior to donating.
- Do not donate any products that might have expired, smell or look bad.
- Try to think of what you would want if you were suddenly without any of your belongings, and consider donating that item first.
IFabbo has also compiled a list of organizations that you would be able to make donations to, if for some case you can’t donate to these organizations you can also make a donation to your local women’s shelter. Here are the list of organizations:
- Beauty Bus Delivers dignity, hope and respite to chronically or terminally ill men, women and children and their caregivers through beauty and grooming services and pampering products. Click here for donation instructions.
- Dress for Success Promotes economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Click here for donation instructions.
- Donation Town Donates clothes and household items to local charities. Free donation pickup nationwide. Click here for a list of acceptable donations and instructions.
- Sacred Heart Dedicated to bringing the community together to address poverty in Silicon Valley, CA. Click here for donation requirements and instructions.
- Salvation Army Worldwide organization that provides social services. Click here for donation instructions.
- British Red Cross Helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are.
- Give and Makeup Is a non-profit initiative whose sole purpose is to get everyday essentials into the hands of women and children who need them the most. Click here for a list of acceptable donations and instructions.
- ANGLICARE AUSTRALIA Is a nationwide organization that engages with all Australians to build communities of resilience, hope and justice. Click here for your local chapter.
- St Vincent de Paul Society The organization aspires to be recognized as a caring Catholic charity offering “a hand up” to people in need. Click here for acceptable donations and instructions.